[Cdt-l] Keith and Mary

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 18:01:39 CST 2012

Dave,

I never met either Keith or Mary. I would like to point out that some
people on the trail do not want to spend money at all.  They just can't
afford the trip if they spend too freely so they try to cut corners where
they can. They often get things for free from good hearted folks on the
trail.  Many hostels are in fact  often free. The Sauflys on the PCT ask
for donations but clearly only some do donate and it's not required.

Some trail angels simply cannot afford to donate their time, and open their
house to hikers without getting paid. I guess people feel they're nickled
and dimed at some places.

If  people in Deming might have lashed out because of  what some hikers
said about them It's not surprising. It's just human nature. Yogi not
including them in her book is understandable as well. I mean, who needs it.

I hope it's not just hikers with an entitlement attitude deciding it's Open
Season on Keith and Mary and hurting them because they had to pay for
services.  Maybe we all should just cut them some slack.

--
Everything is in Walking Distance