[Cdt-l] New tent

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 20:39:04 CST 2012

So today I broke the center pole for my brand new MSR Carbon Reflex. That's
the second one !  I glad I bought it at REI. The no hassle return. But my
God. Two tents. That nice light carbon pole is a fragile thing. It would
never stand up on the trail.

I did nothing but set it up. The pole snapped from the pressure against the
cross pole.

So I need a new tent.  I want no more than two and half pounds. Don't nag
me about tarps and hammocks:)  If it packs small that would be a plus. I
would prefer not using hiking poles as tent poles but that's not a deal
breaker.

Who's happy with a durable  tent? I think I'm too mean to my gear for
carbon poles let alone carbon fiber.
I've used a Shires Squall, a Shires Rainbow, , MSR Hubba. and a Sierra
Design  Canyonlands and way back a Kelty Vortex!  Sold both the Shires
Tarptents and unfortunately the Hubba this past fall.  The Shire's were
kind of beat up and would need to be replaced anyway. The Hubba was being
replaced to save a pound. There was nothing wrong with it.

Who can give me some advice. I may get another newer updated model Rainbow
 if I can't think of anything else.

bamboo bob

--
Everything is in Walking Distance