[Cdt-l] Matters of the heart

lynne whelden lwgear at juno.com
Fri Nov 16 08:14:49 CST 2012

Does this CDT list have a real moderator? If so, please step out from the shadows and exert some control. If not, perhaps this list should consider changing from an "automatic" format to something where real names and definitive guidelines are established.
For starters, personal attacks. Why does the site put up with such venom? What is going on here? Is this a "sign of the times," where brother turns against brother?
I've never had any illusions about "peace" and "harmony" being generated by those of us to take to the trails. We all have issues and baggage and they follow us wherever we go, trail or town. Such issues shouldn't be ignored. But a site like this isn't the place for confronting people, stirring up conflict and providing (unsolicited) counseling. Psychological issues need to be dealt with by professionals and always in a face-to-face context.
By all means, deal with anger and bitterness and jealousy and such. But the public internet and anonymous monikers is not the way to go about it.
Lynne Whelden
lwgear.com