[Cdt-l] Question on shuttle in Leadville

Ron ronyon at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 16:25:26 CDT 2012

There is a Hertz car rental at the Leadville airport, which is a few miles outside of Leadville (and also the highest-elevation airport in the U.S.) The car rental is run by the same guy that manages the airport.

There is (or was, as of 2010) a shuttle service in Leadville called Cloud City Transportation (970-409-9972); the guy who actually shuttled my wife and I around was named "JC" -- his number is (918-706-7681). In 2010 JC picked us up at the trailhead next to Turquoise Lake, then took us to the airport to get our rental car. Later, he picked us up at the car rental and drove us back to the trailhead. He only charged us $10 each way! JC also said he will shuttle people just about anywhere they want to go.

Ron