[Cdt-l] CDT Timelapse Video

Pete E. Michelinie michelinie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:50:14 CDT 2012

I think this is a neat idea.  Here are my two cents on the downside issues
Thomas bought up.

If you had a program that could align the horizon and trail up in the same
spot on each picture it would make the phole time lapse much more fluid.
With a bit of post production the shaky issue isn't one at all, just
something that would need addressing. Image recognition software is readily
available these days.

Part two, I think the beauty of the CDT is that there are boring parts. You
walk through them and then get to enjoy the nice parts that much more.
Plus it would be really important in this project to be able to see the
progression of landscapes; the way you climb up into the San Juans from New
Mexico or how the Winds just seems to appear and disappear out of nowhere.
If you just made a highlight reel it would end up looking like the CDT is
something it's not.  Embrace the gravel road walks.

Furniture
CDT '12

Pete E. Michelinie, Furniture Maker.
   | http://www.michelinie.com |