[Cdt-l] cell phones

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:32:59 CDT 2012

I'm new to smart phones, so I don't know all the specifics.  What happened
with me was this:  I got a text and an email from ATT stating that I had
used excessive off-network service.  I called and was told that off-network
service was covered by my plan, but that if I continued this pattern for
many billing cycles in a row that I would be permanently barred from using
non-ATT providers.  I asked how I would even know that I wasn't on the ATT
network.  They had to remotely load something into my phone which would let
me know.  Now there is an indication on the first screen, which states
either "ATT" or "Off Network".

I wouldn't recommend changing phone service just for a trip.  However, if
your service is expiring, I think it's worth it to switch to Verizon.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com