[Cdt-l] cell phones

Wingnut wingnut.hiker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:42:16 CDT 2012

I certainly sympathize with those Luddites among us, but I am certainly not
one of that philosophy.   Personally, I hiked NM using the Ley Maps and a
compass, then the rest of the trail with Bearcreak Maps and a gps. The NM
hike was often frustrating, the rest much less so.  I have grown quite fond
of the gps and good maps.  Nice to get where you are going without
constantly worrying about following the correct route.  I always carried a
ATT cell phone which worked in some places and not in others.  My hiking
partner for Colorado had a Verizon phone and it worked in more places than
my ATT.

Wingnut