[Cdt-l] CDT in RMNP trip report

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 22:53:02 CDT 2012

Two weeks ago I did (more or less) the designated CDT in RMNP that many thru-hikers do do not see.

Thought some here may appreciate the report:
http://www.pmags.com/bachelor-party-on-foot-bear-lake-to-grand-lake-and-back

Though it does not make logistic sense for many thru-hikers (need a canister, permit, more or less end up in the same place
you started) it is a beautiful loop. If you have the time, a slack pack option can easily be had from the Shadowcliff Hostel of roughly
25 miles and 3000' gain. Esp with a day pack, doable for many thru-hikers.  No permit or bear canister needed for day hiking. :)

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags