[Cdt-l] CDT Monument vandalized

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Sun Apr 7 23:22:34 CDT 2013

Man, what a bummer... but good they're going to fix it.

I had this idea once of a giant brushed metal version of the CDT trail
logo, about 10ft in diameter, and up off the ground about 10ft or so -
like the CDT's biggest trail sign. It could be angled so that when the
spring/fall sun is setting, it'd reflect on the trail. You'd be able to
see that sucker for a mile down there - like a glowing beacon as the sun
set. But, of course, that kind of thing would be a big target for metal
junkies and whatever else. Maybe someday though...

-Jonathan