[Cdt-l] yearly

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Tue Apr 16 22:20:35 CDT 2013

With the possible exception of a few mining claims, I am not aware of any
private property that the "official" trail crosses between Crazy Cook and
Silver City.  It is located on public land and as long as you stick close to
the trail you have every right to be there.

Most of the ranchers own a few hundred (or less) acres and the other
100,000+ acres they raise cattle on belong to the public. They do own
improvements they make, such as windmills, pumps, and water tanks.  Hikers
need to respect those improvements and appreciate that the hike would be
much drier without them.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown

 <mailto:bcss at bresnan.net> mailto:bcss at bresnan.net