[Cdt-l] CC Vs CDTS

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Sun Aug 11 11:18:45 CDT 2013

If one's goal is to follow the CD as closely as possible, that makes sense.
But if you agree with the aims of the CDTS and look for- what does Jim Wolfe
say- water and historic/senic advantages- than the CDTS is a very good
route.

Keith has set up two very good spots between Columbus and Deming for water,
Deming is a great resupply town, and there is water north of there.  Keith
in Deming  and Lynnea in Mimbres are excellent support.

I am not fixated on the CD myself- just looking for an interesting route and
the CDTS is it.

This is my opinion- Keith is a very good experience.  He loves the CDTS and
has done a lot to set up water contacts between Deming and Columbus.  I told
him what he asks for picking up hikers and getting them to Columbus is too
little.  I never met Sam Hughes, but I am sure Kieth has done as much for
the CDTS as Same did for CC's and the CDT.

-Trew