[Cdt-l] Big Sandy Lodge

Anna Mathys haexli333 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:24:03 CST 2013

Hi hikers of 2014. I just asked at Big Sandy Lodge, WY, about their
services for CDT hikers next summer. There are some changes to Yogi's
handbook. Here's what Natasha wrote in the first mail:

We will accept a package for CDT hikers if they stay a night at our lodge.
 Our mailing address has changed!  It is now P.O. Box 62, Boulder, Wy
82923.  Shipping through USPS would be fine.
Some info on our cabins.... After hiking for so long, you will get the
chance to relax some at our lodge.  We have hot showers and will feed you
three full meals a day.  A lot of last years' hikers say that
they especially appreciated the fresh fruits and vegetables we served.  A
cozy cabin for one person, including all your meals, would be $140/per
night + 4% sales tax.  Each additional person per cabin is $50 + 4% sales
tax.  We request a 50% deposit to hold a reservation, which can also be
sent to P.O. Box 62, Boulder, Wy 82923.

And some clarifications in the 2nd mail:

To answer your question about meals, yes, they are all-you-can-eat.  We
serve Breakfast and Dinner buffet style and everyone is welcome to as much
as they want.  Our lunches are packed lunches, since most guests are out on
the trails during the day.  These consists of either sandwiches or meat
pies, granola, bags of veggies, a fruit, and cookies.
Big Sandy Lodge has also decided to offer CDT hikers a 10% discount as
well.  So, a new quote for you would be $140 - (10%) *CDT Hiker Discount*.
 New one night price would be $126 + 4% sales tax = $131.04 grand total.

Happy trails
AnnA