[Cdt-l] Wilderness Lodge

MARY E DAVISON pastormaryd at msn.com
Fri Feb 1 13:07:30 CST 2013

You might need to call Wilderness Lodge. In 2012 they told me they were no longer hosting hikers - singles or doubles but only groups like weddings. April 20 I stayed at Wildwood Retreat - about equal distance from Doc Campbells as Wilderness Lodge in slightly different direction. Camping available for fee (forget what) and I lucked out with a cabin (fee - forget what) It had hot springs, an outdoor communal kitchen and laundry. I met a single woman with a car camping there which helped a lot getting to the Cliff Dwellings on rest/tourist day and to trailhead when I left. Local Police gave me a ride back to Doc Campbells from Cliff Dwellings visitor center - nice hitch. Doc Campbell's is on trail which at that point is the road, so closer. I wasn't happy Wildwood was a mile from Doc Campbell's as I am old and was tired but it all worked out. Gila was well worth every ford - cold in am, felt good in pm.

Medicare Pastor