[Cdt-l] Lost north of Ghost Ranch

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Thu Feb 21 20:15:31 CST 2013

I'm reading the New Mexico section of Where the Waters Divide and I am
noting how Karen Berger and Dan smith got lost north of Ghost Ranch.  This
book written in 1993 is of course dated and many of the route issues they
faced have been resolved.  But, are there any lingering route problems
between Ghost Ranch and Cumbres Pass?

Karen and Dan pretty much followed the CDTS route all the way through NM.
The early pioneer hikers on the CDT had a very unique experience.  Maybe
someday I will meet Jim Wolf and thank him for his contribution to the CDT.
And all the other CDT hikers who have followed along.