[Cdt-l] Fuel

John Dragotto j.dragotto at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 21:35:09 CST 2013

A few weeks ago there was some post about a new fuel. This fuel (Utility Flame) is a petroleum byproduct and when burned there is no sooty residue, just a hot blue flame and leaves a biodegradable sand substance. The gel can be extinguished with water and reignited. Utility Flame will burn on virtually any surface from water logged wood to snow and ice.

My website ( Mountain Trekker Equipment) has "Utility Flame" in a six ounce resealable containers. The package also come with an aluminum foldable stove. The packages can be mailed via USPS, UPS and Fedex without restrictions and also can be carried on an airplane. The packages I have are 6 ounces so they would have to go in checked bags. Price for the 6oz resealable package with stove is $10.99 + shipping.

The 6oz package will burn over 60 minutes. The stove will support a pot with more than 2.5 quarts of water. a cup of  water boils in approximately 3 1/2 minutes

Store link: Utility Flame
Additional Information

John