[Cdt-l] Easy Sign-On Letter for Blackfoot Travel Plan

Shannon Freix sfreix at wildmontana.org
Thu Feb 28 16:04:43 CST 2013

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but comment period for the Blackfoot Travel
Plan is coming to a close in March. Thanks to everyone that has written
your letters or emails. If you've been busy - now is the time to take 30
seconds and do it!

Here is an easy sign-on letter from The Wilderness Society. We like what it
has to sayA River Runs Through It & the Continental Divide National Scenic
Trail....these special places should be protected from motorized use.
https://secure.wilderness.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=2521&autologin=true
.

Keep in mind the Forest Service has the choice to make the CDT
non-motorized (as it should be). Tell them you are expecting that decision.

More importantly, this same issue is coming down the pike on the
Beaverhead-Deerlodge Nat'l Forest. I hope we can set a non-motorized
example now that will help us rally support for the next conversation about
motors on the CDT.

Thanks for writing in!
--
Shannon Freix