[Cdt-l] trail intergration

altongbay at aol.com altongbay at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 08:59:48 CST 2013

For me a big difference in this comparison , i.e., experiencing the great outdoors vs. living in poverty, is that many of us who hike have control over our lot.  While enduring hardship of sorts, we often have a direct route to improve or change our situation.  Many of those in Africa, India, China et al do not.

Experiencing hunger, cold and fatigue for a couple days, weeks, months is palatable.   For a life time with little hope for change...that's hardship.