[Cdt-l] And now a joke...

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 18:39:04 CST 2013

Speaking of hoods in the woods...

A girlfriend of mine from many years ago did the "Hoods in the Woods" type stuff when in between
college and grad school.  She actually worked in Utah, so it was "hoods in the desert". :)

Anyway, if you know anything about middle of no-where Utah, it is mainly Mormon.

LDS calls anyone who is not a a Mormon a gentile.

My girlfriend from many moons ago, had a very Jewish last name.  If her last name
was not the Smith of the Ashkenazim world, it was the Jones. :)

Anyway, when the nice folks out in the middle of nowhere Utah called her a gentile,
she was quite taken a back. Coming from a 4000 year old cultural tradition, she
took umbrage at the upstart religion (as she called it) called HER a gentile! :D

So it goes....

(As a side note, her Grandmother  was happy that, as she put it,
"Well, at least he looks like he could be Jewish" :)  )

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags