[Cdt-l] NM Planning Help

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Thu Jan 17 19:47:55 CST 2013

That part is pretty straightforward... you'll hike right through most of
the potential stops...
Lordsburg
Silver City
Pie town
Grants
Cuba
Ghost Ranch

You could hitch to Reserve, which is about 1.5 days south of Pie Town to
break up that section, which is otherwise pretty long. You can also
resupply at Doc Campbell's which is about 1.5 days north of Silver City.

The time it'll take to do each section is going to vary depending on
your style/schedule, so it's hard to get specific on that.

After Ghost Ranch, it depends on how far north you're headed...
technically, you won't be "resupplying" after that, just "getting done".

There's a town list at:
http://www.soruck.net/cdt/
with more details... Plus, Yogi's CDT planning guide has a lot of info
on this.

Good luck!

-Jonathan