[Cdt-l] CDT should be non-motorized - Speak up now!

Shannon Freix sfreix at wildmontana.org
Wed Jan 23 11:16:25 CST 2013

KEEP THE CDT NON-MOTORIZED - SPEAK UP!

In Lincoln, MT - just south of the Scapegoat and Bob Marshall Wilderness
areas - travel planning is going on and we need YOUR voice to protect the
CDT.

Please read over the materials on the USFS site for full information (LINK
HERE:http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_exp.php?project=30899), but in
a nutshell, the options for travel planning include:

1 - no action (CDT in this location is currently open to dirt bikes)
2 - motorized travel on the CDT (CDT would remain open to dirt bikes)
3 - quiet use trail for the CDT (human-powered travel ONLY).

Please write the folks at Lincoln Ranger District and request that CDT
become a quiet trail. We have the ability to change the current policy
RIGHT NOW! We do NOT want to share this special corridor with motorized
dirt bikes. It's against the nature and purpose of the trail.

Email your comments to comments-northern-helena-lincoln at fs.fed.us and
include Blackfoot Travel Plan in the subject line. Letters should clearly
state your issues and concerns with the alternatives, the adequacy of the
environmental review, or both.

The more thought-provoking and substantial your comments, the better chance
we have to protect the CDT. You have 45 days to share your love for quiet
trails....tick tock. Thanks for speaking up!

Contact me with questions and I'll do my best to help answer them.

--
Shannon Freix
*Montana Wilderness Association

*www.cdtmontana.org*