[Cdt-l] crampons vs. microspikes for NOBO hike?

Tony Mason tony at greyrock.org
Fri Jan 25 17:54:39 CST 2013

EP,

Crampons are the safest on ice and steep snow but are quite heavy and
require a heavy boot. Microspikes don't give you the same grip but are
lighter and work with lightweight foot wear.
That being said, given the state of the snowpack in Colorado so far this
year you might not need either.

Tony

--
Robert Anthony Mason MD