[Cdt-l] Alcohol Stove fuel

Gail and Alistair Des Moulins aandgdesinfo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:37:40 CST 2013

I've used an alcohol stove for many years and usually used Yellow HEET as
fuel. Rather than buying the individual 12 oz bottles, I was wondering
whether the fuel was available in larger containers. I looked on the Home
Depot website and found a product called "Klean-Strip 1 gal. Brush Cleaner"
which has a sku code 809347 and costs $16.96 for the gallon size. Under the
specifications for the product it states that the solvent type is denatured
alcohol. Has anyone tried this product in their stove? If this stuff works
then it would be a good alternative (and more economical in some locations)
to buying the yellow HEET bottles. Also "brush cleaner" may be available in
some towns when HEET is not.

Alistair