[Cdt-l] Alcohol Stove fuel

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 12:06:39 CST 2013

Haven't tried it, but you are smart to consider alternatives.  Before we tried to hike the GET, we stopped at several of the towns that are resupply points and found HEET in short supply.  That was not a problem on the CDT, where almost every town seemed to have some sort of auto parts store, but the GET is different.  I think since so much of the area is desert, gas line dryer isn't really a big seller.  If we had continued past Mammoth, we would have been eating cold, since we couldn't find any fuel for the stove. Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/