[Cdt-l] Q RE Zpaks tents

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 10:37:42 CST 2013

Another alternative is Six Moon Designs Wild Oasis, $175, 13 oz. It's a
lot like the Gatewood Cape, also made of silnylon but with a fringe of
bug netting so you won't need to carry a net tent.  With stakes and a
tyvek groundsheet, the total comes to 17 oz on my scale.  I've had it
out in all sorts of weather including a freak April snowstorm that
dumped 18" of wet snow on PA's Mid State Trail.  I had to slap at the
tarp sides to make the snow slide off, but it performed well.  Also
sheds wind well.  The only drawback is it might be a tad short for those
over 6 ft tall.  ---Handlebar