[Cdt-l] OFV to Dubois WY

trekker4 at aol.com trekker4 at aol.com
Fri Jul 19 13:07:49 CDT 2013

1. 19 fords of river/creeks; none over knee deep, as this is a low water year.
2. Tr in southern 10 miles of YNP is in poor shape, w/blowdowns, etc; the rest of the tr from OFV is excellent, w/a 10 ft corridor, and all but a handfull of blowdowns already cleared this year. No snow anywhere.
3. Dubois, as all of WY, has somewhat higher prices for food and lodging. Got a room for 2 nights at Branding Iron, but not one of the cheapest; they are full 3 nights running. Cowboy Cafe is very good, and very crowded; Mom's, beside hardware store, has a good breakfast; Kathy's Koffee is a great coffee shop w/breakfast and lunch; Wind River Gear is a very nice shop; Scott Bushnell at the Trail's End Motel does shuttles, but is expensive at $2.50/mi one-way; Ram Shuttles is less, but hasn't answered my phone call (it's a weekend, and he may be on a tour); took 30 min for a hitch to town; Cyber Cafe is just public computers, at high (to me) prices, but Library is very nice; as per Yogi's map, laundromat is just across hiway from Branding Iron; nice town, if just a bit spread out.
4. 4 Nbounders have already gotten to this area.

Trekker