[Cdt-l] Largest Food & Water Carries

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 22:31:58 CDT 2013

I found the CDT very similar to the PCT in terms of length of carries and
water weight.  New Mexico does require more water carries just like the
SoCal deserts, but doesn't have any really long mileage sections. Later on
you get some longer stretches, in some of the areas already mentioned, as
well as the Winds if you don't want a real break in that stretch by leaving
trail, but none of these later, longer sections require water to be hauled.

Several folks used ULA CDTs in 2012, and a number of us used the ULA
Circuit.  Either is CDT trail worthy in my opinion, as are the ZPacks that
were on trail that year as well.  The most popular tent/tarps were ZPacks
Hex and Double Hex, and at times, we'd have 5 of them all set up in an area
together.  They held up well to the more violent storms the Rockies
produce, and I'll be using mine again on a thru hike next year.  But the
CDT is a very good choice.

Good luck next year,

Shroomer