[Cdt-l] Centennial Mountains, MT/ID

Brill Stephen stephenbrill at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 22:50:05 CDT 2013

Cap'n Jack and I started hiking from Monida on Tuesday, hoping to make it to Macks Inn.  We made it as far as the Aldous Lake TH.  Actually, we made it 1.3 miles beyond that but then turned around due to the most ferocious section of blowdowns I have ever encountered.  Our speed was less than 1/4 mile per hour as we tried to negotiate the obstructions with no end in sight.  Thus we turned around.

Thanks to the USFS crew who gave us a ride to Kilgore and to Bill from Kilgore who gave us a ride from Kilgore to our car at Sawtelle Resort.