[Cdt-l] Colorado Trail?

Robert Mabry spharlm2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 11:45:36 CDT 2013

Hi Josie,

You might try starting at www.coloradotrail.org

My wife, a.k.a. Mom, and I have hiked the parts of it that overlap the CDT
and some newer sections/alternates. We live in Alamosa. You might remember
me from our e-mail conversations when I consulted you about hiking with our
dog (thanks).

I have several days off in July and a few in August that I might be able to
help with resupply. It might be easier to discuss via the phone if you want
to give me a call. 719-480-9331.

As far as possible resupply points on the trail:

Look into whether you can take the local bus into where the trail crosses a
few miles from Breckenridge. I believe you said Mr. Cody is a service dog
so that might help?

It goes through Copper Mountain Ski Resort and there is also a local bus
that takes you into Dillon/Silverthorne.

There was trail magic near Tennessee Pass (Leadville). It was put out by a
trail angel who will pick hikers up. I don't recall specifics on that since
we didn't need help, but perhaps it's in Yogi's book.

Twin Lakes is on the trail.

If you take the newer CT route on the Divide west of the Collegiate Peaks
from Twin Lakes to Monarch Pass, which I highly recommend, you can resupply
at the pass. There was a post recently with info regarding resupply and you
would be a 1.5 hr drive from our house.

North Cochetopa Pass (hwy 114) is 1.5 hrs away.

Creede from San Luis Pass would be an option, but that would require hiking
10 miles each way.

Spring Creek Pass (hwy 149) is about 2 hrs away.

I'm going to be helping out with a friend's boy scout hike in July  and
doing another hike near Durango & Molas Pass (hwy 550) in early August so
maybe that will create a possibility.

There is air service in and out of Alamosa.

There is also bus service to and from Denver
 http://www.blackhillsstagelines.com/default.asp
Let me know if I can help.

Rob Mabry (Dad)

Sent from my iPhone