[Cdt-l] Food Weight, ETC

Doug Carlson doug-sue at centurylink.net
Fri Mar 1 14:15:29 CST 2013

Bob and Keith,  I have been out on many 2- 4 week hikes.  And I have often
discovered on those first 2- 3 days my appetite does decrease a lot.  I was
thinking it was just me.  And knowing this about myself I still over pack
food for those first 2- 3 days on the trail.  When I do the section from the
border up to Deming I am not even packing my stove- just snack type items
for the first 3 days.

I am looking forward to this trip.  Keith- really looking forward to meeting
you in Deming.

-Doug (Trew)