[Cdt-l] Fwd: docs to pietown

BCSS bcss at bresnan.net
Mon Mar 11 15:11:00 CDT 2013

Lots of success stories out there with Spots.

We carried one on the CDT in tracking mode to promote the Mapping Project. It occasionally didn't track very well, but it seemed reliable for sending out OK messages.  They have the same limitations as a gps does and won't work as well in highly obstructed environments, so you may need to move it around a bit in an emergency.

Might be better if you only use it in an emergency, so people don't freak out if they don't hear from you when they expect to.

JB  (on the beach 200 miles south of Matzalan)

Sent from my iPad