[Cdt-l] staying on the divide

Tony Mason tony at greyrock.org
Tue Mar 12 23:32:31 CDT 2013

Jeff,
Great advice. It is nice to get some first hand knowledge.
Dropping into the Frying Pan Basin from Red Dirt Pass then heading NNW to
the saddle at 11200ft does look like the perfect way to avoid the
class4-5 north face of Mount Zirkel. The divide from there north does
appear "relatively easy". On your north to south trek did you come
from Seven Lakes to the divide? That seems like a logical place to
reconnect with trail and get back to the CDT.
I did some mileage calculation for this detour and was surprised. It is
about 22miles, the same length as walking the official CDT, though it does
add several thousand more feet of elevation.
Thanks for your help,
Tony

Robert Anthony Mason MD
Windsor Family Clinic PC