[Cdt-l] Cdt-l Digest, Vol 66, Issue 24

Erin Saver erinsaver at walkingwithwired.com
Thu Mar 14 01:27:20 CDT 2013

Doug/Trew,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your story with all of us! You exemplify what
this is all about for me and many of us in this hiker world. I share my
experiences because it was the shared blogs of others (Rockin', Boston &
Cubby, Sticky Fingers) that encouraged me to take the leap to get out on
the trail. The idea of hiking on a long trail solo was so unimaginable to
me that it wasn't even a thought in the realm of possibilities until these
people inspired me to dream just as you have been inspired by others. I AM
NOW LIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE BECAUSE OF THOSE JOURNALS!

I can't tell you how many heartfelt stories followers have sent me of their
longing and aspirations of the trail. Some know they will never be able to
set foot on the trail and tell me they feel that they have been able to
hike the trail through my journals. As a journal writer and follower I know
the value of the list LIz and I have created on www.thetrailunitesus.com.

1. Dreams Coming True (Doug Carlson)