[Cdt-l] Mt Taylor to Cuba

Charlie Thorpe charliethorpe at att.net
Thu Mar 14 10:07:30 CDT 2013

Hello Trew -

I usually have a vague memory (at best) for the details of the trails I have hiked unless something makes a detail or two really stand out.

My partner and I hiked SOBO between Cuba and Grants with a detour over Mt. Taylor.  I do remember that water was doable, but had to be thought out.

I don't recall any problem with trail markings.  I do recall that it sometimes seemed that were actually too many trail cairns along some stretches of trail.

We left our car under the roofed area at the motel we used on the west side of Cuba and hiked south from there.  We had previously left our car at the BLM office (now closed) on that same side of town when we hiked north into CO.

We enjoyed that stretch!

- Charlie