[Cdt-l] start dates

Marcia Powers GottaWalk at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 23 15:42:16 CDT 2013

May 1, 200 2 was our planned start date. We were ready early and actually started 4/28.

We had an uninterrupted northbound hike. A snowstorm hit June 4 in the S San Juan's  but quickly melted.

We planned a SOBO hike. As we watched late winter snow levels on snotel it became obvious that 2002 was a year to hike north ( above average snow in MT and below average in the south). Ken's spreadsheet of hiking times, daylight hours, etc gave a shorter hike northbound because longer days translated into longer, more mileage hiking days.

Marcia