[Cdt-l] Rain Pants?

Scott Piddington sp2mtns at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 05:27:54 CDT 2013

I don't like hiking in long pants. I find rain pants drag on my legs so much that even when I carried them I only used them in town on laundry day. For my CDT hike I made a rain skirt out of a bit of sil-nylon. I looked up "how to make wrap skirts" on the web. I am not much of a stitcher so it is not fancy. It comes down to just above my knees. It keeps my shorts dry. It has a couple of velcro pieces at the waist. When the wind shifts you just spin it around. And yes I wore it to do laundry. It was perfect.
Voyageur
AKA Scott Piddington