[Cdt-l] Trekking poles on airplanes

Ron ronyon at comcast.net
Thu Mar 28 05:27:12 CDT 2013

I hear the rules are changing on small pocket knives and hiking poles. However, checking your whole bag is easier as it avoids any hassle TSA might have over your gear. At SW airline, they place my pack, poles and all, in a thick plastic bag for me. It was in perfect condition with I arrived.

When my wife and I fly to Spain in may to hike the Camino de Santiago, we plan on carryin on our packs, but checking our knives and hiking poles in a box. Worst case if they get lost is jus buying new knives and hiking poles.

Ron