[Cdt-l] Trekking poles on airplanes

Chris Pratt chris.pratt89 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 08:40:37 CDT 2013

Trew,

I've always just strapped my collapsed poles to the side of the pack,
put duct tape over the pointy ends and have had no problems. Most of the
time the I don't even put the bag in anything and have had no problems
(just tie up all the straps and belts).  A collapsed set of hiking poles
(3 section) are very strong and would be very hard to damage (be sure to
take off the snow baskets if you use them).  I'm always flying on
Southwest with only 1 or 2 transfers, no internationally.  Southwest
does have bid plastic bags you can get from them (they are used mostly
for proctecting car seats) if you are worried.

Chris