[Cdt-l] Rain Pants?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 01:18:48 CDT 2013

I didn't use my rain pants all that often last year on the CDT, but when I
did, I was really glad I had them.  Several times, storms blew up in a
matter of a few minutes while I was on the Divide with rain and hail and
really strong winds that sent temps plummeting.  I'd been hiking along in
shorts one moment and the next, running down hill to the protection of the
first trees, to get enough shelter from the wind to even be able to put the
rain pants on.  The wet exposure could have resulted in hypothermia without
protection.  You could of course wrap yourself in whatever you've got, like
your tarp, and just wait it out, but by having the rain pants, I could just
trudge on.  I've used them enough on the CDT and the PCT to find them worth
the weight.

Shroomer