[Cdt-l] San Juan Mountains Daily Mileage

Matt Parker zerosignal74 at comcast.net
Sun May 5 00:30:25 CDT 2013

Hello All,

I assume mileage in the San Juan Mountains will decrease just like with the
Sierras on the PCT. What are appropriate miles to plan for in the San Juans
given I hike 20-22 miles a day prior to that? 16-17 miles a day? I know a
lot depends on the snow level that year so I assuming an average snow year
for this question and starting from Crazy Cook in NM in late April. Also,
where would one consider the San Juans starting and stopping on the Ley
Maps?

Thanks,

Drake