[Cdt-l] hitching to the start: east glacier to chief mtn

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 22:48:35 CDT 2013

On our first thruhike it took about an hour and a half to get a ride with a couple in an RV.  They wanted to see some sights along the way, so we started our hike south about 1:00.  We tried to hitch to Chief Mountain on our 2nd hike.  After 45 minutes in the rain, we went to the Park Transportation Office to get places on the shuttle.  It doesn't get you to the border until about 1:00 p.m. though, so if you take the shuttle, keep that in mind.   Ginny