[Cdt-l] Fw: hitching to the start: east glacier to chief mtn

Eric White ericshawwhite at yahoo.com
Sat May 11 06:40:33 CDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Eric White <ericshawwhite at yahoo.com>
To: Will Govus <willgovus at gmail.com>; "cdt-l at backcountry.net" <cdt-l at backcountry.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] hitching to the start: east glacier to chief mtn

Yes - I had trouble hitching out of Waterton because of the maze of local roads. I then Yogied a ride from the Hotel in Waterton in one of their vehicles to the border, but the driver had to me off at the Canadian side. I then walked 200 yards to the American side where there is a parking lot for hikers at Chief Mountain. I had no trouble at all Yoging another ride from the parking lot back to East Glacier. So you shouldn't have a problem from Chief Mtn. The US Customs were friendly and didn't care about hitching. Mini Mart