[Cdt-l] Fwd: Direction of Thru-Hike

Sean Staplin seanstaplin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 17:48:38 CST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sean Staplin <seanstaplin at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Cdt-l] Direction of Thru-Hike
To: Ryley Breiddal <ryleyb at gmail.com>

I started on April 29th, took about ten zeros before leaving Cumbres Pass,
and left Cumbres  June 4th. I still had quite a bit of snow to deal with
and it was a pretty low snow year. If I was hitting the high country north
of Ghost ranch a whole month earlier the snow would have been constant for
hundreds of miles I am sure. Do yourself a favour and delay your start
unless you are willing to go for very low mileage days with almost total
snow cover and increased route finding problems.

mtnrat