[Cdt-l] Couple of questions

Scott Piddington sp2mtns at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 07:39:56 CDT 2013

Regarding the dirt roads, most tend to be 2 track 4wd roads, not improved. One seldom encounters a vehicle on these roads. It wasn't nearly as troublesome as I had anticipated. Paved and gravel roads just destroy me. In some cases I looked forward to the roads because I didn't have to worry about losing the trail and could make some big miles. Of course, the often pleasant road walk would lull me into a false sense of security. I would get into "the zone", stop paying attention to the maps and miss the turn off the road. Oops. Everyday on the CDT is an adventure!
Voyageur