[Cdt-l] thermometer recommendations for backpacking?

Brian Dickson briansolar1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 26 05:32:14 CDT 2013

Hi folks,
Has anyone any recommendations for a trail thermometer? I would like one that I can record daily temperatures just for interest really so that I can keep a note in my journal. One that I could leave out overnight and it would record the minimum overnight temperature would be ideal. I guess keeping the weight down is important too!

My search so far has led me to a casio wrist watch type such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Quartz-Digital-Display-SGW-100-1VEF/dp/B001CZXB80/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3JY9VZHJYJKYI&coliid=IUBXCTMABGJYO

I am from Scotland and for some reason it is cheaper on uk amazon at about $50 than this US link .

The other type I have looked at is an old fashioned garden non-digital min/max thermometer.

Anyway any thoughts or experience are appreciated!

Brian
Black Isle Scotland