[Cdt-l] ALDHA-West Gathering

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 14:59:21 CDT 2013

2:45 – 4:30 – FREE TIME (Annual ALDHA – West Soccer Match)
4:30 – 5:30 – Swami: 12 Long Walks
5:30 – 5:45 – ALDHA Hiker Olympics Round 5
6:00 – 7:00 – Awards Dinner (Southbound to the Border Style)
7:30 – 9:30 – Triple Crown Awards and Martin Papendick Award
9:30 – ??? – Social Hours / Celebration Time

Sunday September 29th
8:00 – 9:00 – Breakfast
9:00 – 10:00 – General Meeting and Elections
10:00 – 10:30 – Raffle

What will happen at the gathering? Each Fall since 1993, hikers get together to talk trail. The main program includes world-class presentations about hikes around the world and the many aspects of backpacking culture. Last year’s presentations included topics such as journaling, hiking with dogs, hiking in Patagonia, and our annual presentation of the Triple Crown Awards. There’s also a healthy dose of fellowship activities. This is a great weekend where you can make new friends or see old ones year after year after year. What started in 1993 as a group of 7 committed hikers in the western hiking community getting together and showing a few slides has evolved into a full-sized event with all of the amenities of a professional conference- while still offering a setting befitting of our love of the natural world.

At our Gatherings, you’ll meet a regular who’s who of the American backpacking world. People who’ve hiked 10′s of thousands of trail miles around the globe. You’ll likely find the largest concentration of Triple Crown recipients, people who’ve hiked all of the three major long distance trails (Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail and Continental Divide Trail). Nowhere will you get such a concentrated and personal exposure to the depth of hiking experience. There is no better way to celebrate backpacking than by attending the ALDHA-West Gathering. Join us at this, our 20th gathering!

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra