[Cdt-l] Gaia GPS app in place of dedicated GPS unit

Sean Staplin seanstaplin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 17:34:09 CDT 2014

I did the same thing as Bob with a galaxy. I did not use it much, but it
was way better if I was really uncertain. I would open locus pro and had
bear creek waypoints and ley alternates. It did not use much battery power
with just the GPS on. I could get 3 days out of it while using the camera
as well. I did not have a solar charger, but I did have 2 batteries. 3
would have been better. As these apps improve I think dedicated GPS's will
become a distant second choice.