[Cdt-l] Where would 1,500 miles be?

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:02:17 CDT 2014

Kirk -

That question is easily answered for the Appalachian Trail and Pacific
Crest Trail, but not so easily answered for the Continental Divide Trail.

New Mexico has MANY different routes which will affect your mileage.  When
you get to Colorado, you may (or may not) take the San Juan loop, depending
upon the snow level.  That will affect your mileage.  Continuing in
Colorado, there are opportunities to summit some of the 14,000 foot peaks.
 That will affect your mileage.  And the list goes on.

I guess the broad answer to your question would be "somewhere in Colorado".
 So Denver would probably be the airport for you.

Yogi
www.yogisbooks.com