[Cdt-l] Thank you hikers

Designer Aviaries birdcage at 7cities.net
Tue Dec 16 14:38:04 CST 2014

We just want to thank all of you for your kind words and support.  We are
just going to pay the fine and put this behind us.  The last thing we want
to do is create any negatives for future hikers. We dealt with the US
Forestry and the BLM with respect and cooperation.  We will continue to
maintain the water cache on hwy 117 and continue to check the other water
sources in our area.  We will post the information on as current a basis as
possible and will support the future hikers in any way we can. Hugo and
Carole

P.S. In our defense, I would like to address a statement that Matt posted
and I quote:  "The law is pretty clear and the Mumms were asked to remove
the caches and they didn't.  The ticket is representative of non compliance
with local law
enforcement wishes.  Not the act itself, or they would have issued a ticket
first not asked them to remove the caches months ago."
I don't know were Matt gets his information, but the above is a lie!  We
were never asked to remove the water cache until this last Sunday, 12/14/14.
We set up this water cache last year from the original location across the
road because the cache was stolen either by hunters, ranchers or thieves.
When I was contacted by the BLM ranger last month, he didn't know where the
cache was located.  I had to give him directions to the cache.  He said he
would check it out and get back to me.  He did just that on Sunday and we
removed the cache in his presence and put the earth back to its original
state.
Matt:  please, in the future, get your facts straight before accusing
people.  No matter what you say in response to this statement, I will not
answer.  I'M DONE!  Carole