[Cdt-l] Hiker BBQ

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 22:21:54 CST 2014

BBQ and Bon Voyage for this Year's Hikers

If you're a hiker and live near the San Francisco Bay Area, I'll be hosting
a Hiker BBQ and potluck on Saturday, 2-22-14, in Martinez CA to celebrate
the start of another hiking season.  As I live across the street from the
John Muir National Historic Site, we'll also be throwing in a hike of Mt.
Wanda and Mt. Helen, where he took his daughters walking when they were
young.  From there we'll hike to the Muir gravesite and then tour his
home.  The desk on which he penned the articles and books that changed the
world remains in his "scribble den", a sacred spot for hikers.  Cross the
grounds and you're back at my place and we'll BBQ and Partay into the
evening.

The following day, 2-23-14, we'll be hiking up Mt. Diablo, 16 miles, 4,000
vertical  roundtrip.  If it's a clear day you'll see the "Mountains of
Light", the entire Sierra Nevada and the beginning of the Cascades, snow
capped and poured out across the landscape in a ribbon of white, over 700
miles of mountains at a glance and one of the great views of America.

Come to any or all of this, and meet some of those who will be hiking the
PCT, CDT, JMT and the AT this year with you.   If you're interested, send
me an email at Baidarker at gmail.com and I'll shoot you the details.

See ya on trail,

Shroomer