[Cdt-l] Shuttle to CC

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 17 15:50:52 CST 2014

This from CDTC.  WAY TO GO!!!!!

Happy Presidents Day 2014 CDT Hikers! To celebrate we have an exciting
announcement! CDTC has been officially approved to operate a shuttle to
transport CDT hikers to and from the official Southern Terminus of the CDT
(aka Crazy Cook). We will be operating this service under a BLM permit that
will run in the spring (4/10-5/4) and in the fall (10/1-10/15). It's a
temporary program that will hopefully lead to a long term program in
following years. Dates were based on building snow pack conditions along the
Trail this year. We have been working with the BLM, the Community of
Hachita, and the Border Patrol to work out the details. These include
providing overnight stay at the Hachita Community Center for hikers taking
part of the service, and support to help with your water caches. We are
asking people make donations(suggested $20) to the Hachita Community Center
directly if they stay at the Center. Shuttle cost will be $60/person and
include pick ups and drop offs in Lordsburg. Specific sign up details will
be available after we visit the site Friday and meet with our partners in
this effort. We will also be looking for volunteer support during the time
period, to help with various activities, more details on these needs will be
coming soon too! For more details please contact
info at continentaldividetrail.org to be put on the mailing list for the
official announcement!

best wishes,

Jerry Brown